Is Just a Number
Many things in the video game industry had a positive difference when the League of Legends MMR came to be. This magical number has the potential to depress people, as you see how low it takes you in the ladder. At the same time, when it becomes favorable, you could have positive outcomes when you’re almost at the top.
Practically it “tells” the rest of the community how effective you’ve become in League of Legends and how your winning rates it’s at the moment. In other words, you can only increase this number if you achieve more victories than losses in the Ranking system. Therefore, you often see lots of “try-hards” doing their best to obtain better outcomes than the casual player in the game.
In contrast, though, you also have the potential to see “amazing” people that troll these games and create chaos as they go. Indeed, in a matter of seconds, you’ll have the potential to spot that person as they pick irrelevant Champions, or write unnecessary comments in the chat. Sadly, you’re stuck with them until one of the Nexus finally blows out in millions of pieces.
Most noteworthy, when you’re between a winning streak, nothing else compares. Hence, when you press the Queue button, you feel like it’s your moment. Additionally, you take extra hours to increase your League of Legends MMR on this occasion, and you hope that it never goes away.
Indeed, you’ll never get the potential to take full control of the outcome of your match. But, as you continue with this endeavor, you’ll notice the patterns. As a result, in this article, we’ll give some advice to reach that point as soon as possible.
Match Making Rating
“MMR (also known as Match Making Rate or Elo) is a hidden statistic/value in League of Legends on which the game matches you with opponents and teammates. For every league and division (e.g., Gold 4), there is an average MMR. If your MMR equals the average, you will most likely get matched with players that are in the same league & division as you.”
There are different layers of difficulty in multiple online video games in the market. First of all, you have the option to play with your friends and laugh as the group fights each other in friendly matches. Furthermore, in competitive games, just like League of Legends or any other MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena), you have the option to play against other players.
As a result, you can participate between two different teams, where the best one usually takes the win in a random match. Indeed. Besides winning or losing, there are not that many consequences. Therefore, sometimes the casual players have the freedom to learn more about the game or the champions and have not that many worries if they eventually lose.
This type of gameplay could look impressive for a couple of gaming sessions, but for the hardcore gamer, there’s always the need for more competitiveness. Taking this into consideration, the League of Legends MMR became a thing where you could compare your overall results with the entire community. Therefore, if you’re between the top places in the ladder, it means that the rest of the players are lower (gameplay-wise) than you.
Begin Your Journey in Ranked Matches
If you want to venture into this part of the game, you’ll need specific requirements to unlock the Ranked Matches in League of Legends. These fundamental elements are the follows:
- Reach level 30: Whenever you complete a Random Match in League of Legends, you’ll receive some Experience as a reward. Indeed, if you had a victory, this number tends to become higher than any loss. Depending on the amount of time you want to share between gaming sessions, the more it will take to reach this milestone. Most noteworthy, you could buy experience multipliers over the in-game store and make this process less tedious.
- Have at least 20 Champions in your Collection: Take your time and unlock some of the items that look appealing to you, and make a fantastic collection. In contrast, though, you have the option to gather the cheapest Champions and unlock Ranked Matches as soon as possible. Depending on your strategy, this achievement could take a lot of time to complete.
Note: You could easily skip this process if you obtain a Smurf Account from the LoLFinity Store.
Calibrating Your Account
Once you have everything sorted out, the next thing to do is click the Ranked button and begin your journey as a “professional player in League of Legends. When this happens, you’ll participate in the famous calibrating system. This time around, the next ten matches in your account will determine the position in the League Ranking System.
Therefore, it is recommendable that you have some preparations and hope for the best. Since you have no control over your possible teammates, everything could happen. Still, though, if you manage to gain a lot of victories in this process, you have the potential to start in the Silver or Gold division. When this finally becomes a reality, you’ll have more capable teammates in your matches.
Checking Your Place in the Ladder
At the moment, all the Ranking Ladder contains these “leagues and divisions” for the League of Legends MMR:
Iron IV – Iron I
Bronze IV – Bronze I
Silver IV – Silver I
Gold IV – Gold I
Platinum IV – Platinum I
Diamond IV – Diamond I
In other words, if everything goes awful when you’re Calibrating your account, there’s a higher chance that you’ll end up between the Bronze or Iron category. Therefore, if everything goes according to the plan, you’ll reach Silver or Gold from the start. Remember that you also have subcategories from each group in the Ranking Ladder. As a result, it could take weeks or months to promote your account to a higher category in this system.
Now, is it worth making the extra effort and play Ranked Matches the entire time? It depends on how much you want to achieve in the League of Legends MMR. As a casual player, this process becomes tedious and stressful as you seem to find only the awful players in the game. Therefore, it may look almost impossible to climb as you continue with a losing streak.
Still, though, if you want to become a professional in this game, you’ll need to give it an extra effort and play as much as possible, even though you seem to struggle in the process. Most importantly, the League Ranking System represents how much you know about the game and your actual skills. Therefore, you’ll need to study and master the different gameplay mechanics to reach higher places.
Improving the League of Legends MMR
Like any other video game on this planet, you’ll need to acquire specific skills to reach higher places and obtain the ideal League of Legends MMR:
- Learning from the professionals: You can learn inertly as you watch eSports Tournaments through your preferred streaming service. Therefore you can focus on some players, watch their highlights, and how they respond in certain situations. Furthermore, some commentary responses can give you a hint about what is happening between matches.
- Practice every day: The more you share gaming sessions to improve the League of Legends MMR, the faster you’ll reach for higher positions. Still, though, this process could become somehow sentimental and tiring. Hence, sometimes taking little breaks could give you peace of mind to endure the process.
- Focus only on one League of Legends Role: To reduce the learning process in the early stages of your quest to become a better player in the game, you’ll need to stay in one place. Therefore, play a couple of matches first, and experience all of the League gaming mechanics. Lastly, decide to stick with what you feel comfortable and practice that League of Legends Role consistently.
- Watch Your Replays: As you may know, every defeat is useful in the learning process. Furthermore, you can add more elements to this process by looking for your mistakes in recent matches. As a result, you can obtain a lot of information from your current performance as you compare it with experienced players.
- Play with Friends that have Higher League Ranks: To increase your chances of becoming the best player in League of Legends, you’ll need feedback from better players. Hence, in the middle of the match (or even afterward), you can ask if you’re doing fine. It may feel uncomfortable to receive critics from other players, but if you learn to listen, you’ll learn a lot. As a result, please take into consideration anything from better players and thank them later.
Tools over the Internet
In the middle of the match, you have the potential to see other players MMR before taking it seriously in the game. For example, the League of Legends MMR Checker can assist you in this endeavor and look for players that have better numbers than you.
As a result, you can take advantage of this information and learn from those players that have more progress in the League Ranking System.
Furthermore, you can make calculations from your League of Legends MMR and check how many points you’ll need to move further in the Ranking Ladder.
Frequently Asked Questions about League of Legends MMR
What is the League of Legends MMR system?
The MMR is a number that represents your expertise in the game and your place in the Ranking Ladder.
How can You improve your gameplay?
Learn from the Professionals
Practice every day
Focus only on one League of Legends Role
Watch Your Replays
Play with Friends that have Higher League Ranks
How can You use the League of Legends MMR Checker?
It can aid you in comparing your MMR with your teammates as you start any Ranking Match.
Do you have any questions about this Article? Want to share your opinion?
Please do so by Leaving a Comment Below!